3.28.2010

Towel Name Tags


Do you ever get frustrated when your spouse, sibling, or roommate take your bath towel? It normally leaves me stranded, soaking wet without a towel, if I don't notice mine is missing before getting into the shower. I always return my towel to the towel rack for drying, so I know my husband has taken mine when it isn't there.

I came up with an idea last week on how to help prevent this towel confusion from happening (leaning towards the idea that the towel thief is clueless that they are in fact stealing another person's towel and there needs to be better communication).

Tonight, I introduced my idea to real life.

This is what I did to make my towel name tags:
1) Printed on white card stock my name & my husband's name, using the computer
2) Cut our names out of the card stock leaving them each in a box shape
3) Taped the front and back sides of each name tag using clear packing tape, so they would be waterproof
4) Cut the excess tape from around each name tag
5) Pinned a large safety pin to the corner of each tag
6) Safety pinned the name tags to the outer corner of each towel, so they wouldn't get in the way during dry-offs.


Hopefully, these tags will fill in the communication gap and I won't be left scurrying to get a towel, soaking wet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment